Gooey Salted Caramel Cookie Slice
‘Healthy’ and ‘dessert’ are not often synonymous, but thanks to our friends and coconutandbliss.com, we can indulge without the bellyache. These dessert bars are made from nourishing and wholesome ingredients, but high quality, raw chocolate won’t leave your sweet tooth unsatisfied. This recipe serves eight, but after the first bite we’d be surprised if you still want to share.
1 cup gluten-free oats (I get mine from iherb.com)
½ cup hazelnut meal
½ cup almond meal
2.5 tbsp coconut nectar
1/3 cup coco flour
¼ cup coco oil
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
1 chia egg
1/4 cup coconut milk
90 g raw salted caramel chocolate, chopped (I use Loving Earth)
50g raw dark chocolate, melted, to top (I use Loving Earth)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- In a mixing bowl, place all ingredients, except the dark chocolate. Mix until well combined.
- Press into a greased and lined baking tray (approx. 28cm x 13 cm).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool.
- Place the melted dark chocolate in a piping bag and top using a criss-cross pattern.
Note: I gently melted my chocolate over low heat using a small saucepan.